Sunday, December 7, 2014

Little Children

I watched the film Little Children this weekend because Patrick Wilson is on my mind at the moment. (As an aside, I actually saw Patrick Wilson once in Brooklyn. I was on my way home from Trader Joe's and he was there on Bergen Street waiting to start filming for the TV show A Gifted Man. He's very tall and looks exactly like he looks on TV and in the movies. He also has a great ass, something you can see in all its glory in the Little Children.)


But back to Little Children. I saw this movie when it came out and I also read the book. (Both are very good, by the way.) What really fascinated me this time around was the way the movie really captured suburban life. The bored stay-at-home moms who gossip about everyone and everything. The handsome stay-at-home dad who is in a state of arrested development and feels emasculated by his wife. The people who are far too involved in the lives of their neighbors. Watching the movie made me want to reread the book by Tom Perrotta. Maybe I will. I enjoy his work.

No comments:

Post a Comment