Wednesday, July 30, 2014

True Detective - Intro / Opening Song - Theme (The Handsome Family - Far...






I'm still enjoying the first season of True Detective (although I have a problem with some of the women on the show). (Is Woody Harrelson really that much of a chick magnet? Huh? Hot young women are tripping over themselves to be with a middle-aged cop? I find that hard to believe. That's some serious middle-age-man fantasy stuff there, folks.) Anyway, I have two more episodes to go! The theme song has really grown on me. I thought T Bone Burnett was doing the singing on this track, but he isn't. It's a husband and wife duo named The Handsome Family. The song is very "O Brother Where Art Thou-y" to me, hence the Burnett connection (since he's the musical director for the series). Creepy country music (with a little Southwestern kick).

No comments:

Post a Comment