Monday, April 28, 2014

Urban Dictionary

I'm ashamed to admit I love the site www.urbandictionary.com. It's hilarious! If you ever want to find out what slang terms mean, I'm sure Urban Dictionary can help you out. Aside from the funny definitions that people post, the examples provided where people use the terms in a sentence are even more hilarious. For example, the definition for "next level bullshit" is as follows: When the bullshit that comes out of a person's mouth reaches a point of absolute nonsense.
Example: "Dude the shit that's coming out of your mouth isn't just bullshit. It's some next level bullshit. Like there is no point of going any further with this explanation, dude."


Or the definition for "Craigslist gay" is: A straight acting, possibly married man, who hooks up with men on the down low. He's straight in his every day life but gay on Craigslist.
Example: Geoff had a happy family until his wife went through his emails and found out he was Craigslist gay.

My personal favorite of the moment is the definition of a "salt daddy." The complete opposite of a sugar daddy, one who tries, but is broke and fronting.
Example: "Man, I said I wanted a new comforter set from Macy's not the Goodwill....he is such a salt daddy!"

I have to find a way to work "salt daddy" into my next book or write a book with that title. It's great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment