Tuesday, November 6, 2012

No Meat Below 42nd Street

Following the huge post-hurricane power outages in midtown and lower Manhattan, I've been warning my coworkers not to eat from establishments below 42nd Street.  Call me paranoid, but I just don't believe every resturant or grocery store that was out of power last week got rid of every single perishable food or beverage.  One of my coworkers laughed at me, but he won't be laughing when he has botulism!  (OK, maybe he won't have botulism, but you get my point.)  I have to give these businesses another week to get back up to speed before I buy food from them. 

In other news, I read people complaining on Gothamist about not getting little stickers that say "I Voted" after they voted today and I realized I also did not get a sticker.  I used to get them when I lived in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Michigan (I believe), but nothing from New York.  Where's my sticker????  I hate to sound like a child, but a sticker would have been nice.  Thanks for nothing, New York Board of Elections!

No comments:

Post a Comment