Sunday, August 19, 2012

People You Love to Hate

I often enjoy reading the Sunday Routines of various New Yorkers in the Sunday NY Times, but today's article featured the kind of guy who is asking for a takedown.  Here's the link:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/19/nyregion/robert-hammond-of-the-high-line-indulges-in-meditation-and-cereal.html?_r=1&ref=nyregion

This guy goes on about mediating, eating homemade fruit smoothies prepared lovingly, I'm sure, by his boyfriend, and riding a woman's bike (complete with a basket on the front) around the city.  Oh, and he also enjoys a nice bowl of cornflakes (organic, of course) for dinner.  Oy!  When I read this article, I had to laugh because the guy came off as the kind of pretentious, annoying Manhattanite that people (like myself) just love to hate.  He is the embodiment of gentrification in New York City.  Is this what Bloomberg wants?  Apparently.  Sad.


No comments:

Post a Comment