Saturday, February 24, 2024

Bama BS

Once again, government leaders in my ancestral home state of Alabama are showing why the state frequently ranks near the bottom of all of the United States in terms of education. By declaring that embryos are children, they're effectively restricting people whose only means of having children via IVF from doing just that. So stupid. Alabama politicians frequently make decisions that go against its own interests and this ruling is just another example of that. Alabama also doesn't have a state lottery. They'd rather have their citizens drive across the border to Georgia to play the Powerball or Mega Millions (and put money in the peach state's coffers) than have their own state lottery that could fund much-needed educational programs in their own state because they're against gambling (or some nonsense). More BAMA bullshit logic. 

My father is from Alabama. My grandparents had a farm there and I've grown up going there all my life. I have a love/hate relationship with the state (and right now the hate is strong). Every time I think about retiring to Alabama (because, let's face it, the cost of living is low there), the state does some backwards shit like the embryo ruling and I change my mind about relocating there.

No comments:

Post a Comment