Thursday, December 26, 2019

Post-Christmas Greetings

I hope everyone had a nice Christmas and, if you're still on vacation, I hope you're enjoying the additional time off. I, unfortunately, am back to the grind, but I did have a few days off to enjoy the strangely warm weather we've been having around Chicago. Winter took a break this week and it's been quite nice, but we all know it's coming back.

I've been reading a lot lately about how bad the Cats movie is. I don't even understand who thought a movie version of Cats would be a good idea. The play is one thing, but a movie version just seems odd. Who is the audience for this? No one, apparently, given the lousy box office receipts and bad reviews. Speaking of movies, I saw Uncut Gems yesterday. Oy vey! I don't know what to make of it. Adam Sandler was good, but the movie was kind of a mess. A lot yelling, cursing, and thuggery. It wasn't my kind of movie, but it's been getting good reviews and the theater was packed when I saw it yesterday, so there is an audience out there for it.

And, speaking of audiences, there's been a lot of chatter on the internet about the Hallmark channel and their holiday movies and their censorship of commercials with gay characters (yet they claim they're open to having movies on their channel with gay characters--yeah, right). Although I don't watch the Hallmark channel, my stepmother and one of my cousins are huge fans. Why, I don't know. I guess they like the romance and escapism of their made-for-TV movies. There's something for everyone, I guess. I'd love to see them try to do a gay romance. That I would watch (hate watch) so I could complain about it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment