Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Cry Me a River

I did a blog post last week about how extra security at schools is fairly common in urban areas, yet when it's suggested at suburban schools, all hell breaks loose. I read an article today about some of the kids at the Parkland school in Florida complaining about the clear backpacks they have to carry now and how their school is a prison now. Cry me a river, kids. These techniques are being implemented to try and keep kids safe. As I said in my earlier blog post, I went to a public high school in Detroit in the 1980's and we had to walk through metal detectors to get to class each day. But I guess that's supposed to be expected for an "urban" school, right? Suburban  (i.e. white) schools aren't supposed to have those kinds of things, right? Give me a break. There are bad people everywhere, in the cities, suburbs, rural areas, wherever.

No comments:

Post a Comment