Friday, December 16, 2016

Owner of a Lonely Heart

I've been going through a nostalgic musical period for the past week (or two) and my latest song crush is "Owner of a Lonely Heart" by Yes. I remember when the video for this song (which is great, by the way) was played in heavy rotation on MTV (back in the days when MTV actually showed music videos). Now when I hear the song, I can't help thinking about that scene from the movie The Break-Up where Jennifer Aniston's brother sings a verse of the song during dinner. Hilarious. Check it out on You Tube if you haven't seen it.

What's so great about "Owner of a Lonely Heart" is the music. The guitar, the bridge, the beat...they're all great. I went on iTunes recently to sample other Yes songs because I wasn't familiar with any of their songs other than "Owner" and now I know why. I didn't find any other songs by the band that I was interested in. Yes is an acquired taste and, clearly, it's not my taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment