Monday, December 8, 2014

All Cash

I got a call today from my credit union that there was "suspicious activity" on my debit card. Apparently, someone used my card number to make a purchase today at a Speedway gas station in Ann Arbor. I (A) wasn't in Ann Arbor today and (B) didn't buy any gas. I also have the card in question on me, so apparently someone created a fake card with my number. This is frustrating! With all of the data breaches we keep hearing about in the news lately, I'm seriously considering going all cash for purchases that I'd normally make with a debit card, like for gas and groceries. My father doesn't have a debit card and I laughed at him for being old fashioned. Now that I've been hacked, I'm no longer laughing. But using a card, particularly when buying gas, is so convenient. Will I be forced to go back to the old days when I had to go inside of the gas station and ask for "twenty on pump one"? Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment