Sunday, October 5, 2014

Three Weeks

I've had three weeks of swimming lessons so far and I haven't drowned yet! Woo hoo! I'm still not entirely comfortable with having my head totally submerged, but I'm getting there slowly but surely. I know I'll have to take another class once this one ends, but that's okay. I need all the help I can get. As I told my swim teacher, "I don't need to be Michael Phelps. I just need to know how to save my life." I also want to be able to go to the Y and use the pool on occasion without feeling like I'm going to drown.


There are very young children taking lessons at the Y before my class starts and when I see those kids in the pool, I'm totally envious. I wish my parents had taken me to the Y or some other kind of activity center for swimming lessons at a young age when I was fearless and wouldn't hesitate to try new things. Fear certainly does get worse for some of us as we age.

No comments:

Post a Comment