Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Toiletgate - Day 2

So I'm still angry over my duct taped/cardboard covered bathroom wall and I fired off a certified letter to my landlord asking for written confirmation that I won't be penalized for the shoddy repair work done. I should have put a due date on that written confirmation, but if I don't get a response by next week, I'll be firing off yet another letter with a date attached. New York real estate is so shady. I just feel the need to cover my ass on all levels with these folks. Not that I've had any problems in the past with my landlord, but I'm not naïve enough to believe that money doesn't make their world go round. Shouldn't maintenance workers leave some kind of written receipt that states the work that was done in your apartment? I thought that was standard practice. Apparently it isn't in New York. When I lived in New Jersey, I always got a maintenance receipt whenever they did work in my apartment. It just makes sense so that everyone's on the same page. Once again, New York is different, I guess. The saga continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment