Saturday, September 28, 2024

Do You Remember? The 28th of September?

I couldn't really think of a title for today's post, so I had to manipulate an Earth, Wind and Fire lyric. 

First and foremost (and very late), RIP to Sergio Mendes. Sadly, he passed away a few weeks ago. If you read my blog with any regularlity, you'll know I'm a huge fan of Brazilian music. I have a few Sergio Mendes CDs in my collection and listen to them often. We keep losing great musicians like Mendes and David Sanborn. It's a shame. At least their music will live on. 

Speaking of music, I'm toying with the idea of having chapters in the book I'm working on reflect different songs. I'd just use the titles of the songs as the chapters (because I can't duplicate the lyrics without paying for permission), I don't even know if what I'm writing now will shake out to a longer book-length work, but I keep hearing certain songs in my head that reflect what's going on in the story. Unfortunately, I do more thinking about writing than actual writing these days. The process is slow, but it's happening. I really hope to have something finished by the end of the year.

Speaking of the end of the year, I'm thinking of moving next year. I have to see how things shake out with my life, my job, my family, my finances, the election, and a host of other things, but I'm seriously considering a move back to my home state of Michigan. It's been nice to stay put in the same state for over 10 years and same residence for 6 years now, but I'm feeling the itch to move again for a variety of reasons. So, I'm saving my money, watching, and waiting to see how things go over the next few months. By January 2025, hopefully, I'll have a better idea of what I want to do (if anything) and when I want to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment