Thursday, May 13, 2021

Maskless?

The CDC says now vaccinated folks can go without masks outdoors and indoors. Huh. Even though I'm fully vaccinated now and past the two-week period from my last shot, I'm still wary of going without my mask. I think I'll keep it on for a while outside. Plus, I suspect many local businesses will still require a mask because they don't know who's vaccinated and who isn't. Are they going to request to see your vaccination card at the door before you can enter? I don't think so. It'll take a while for me to lose my mask. I want to go without it, believe me. I hate wearing it, but I'm too cautious to just let it go right now. Maybe if the vaccination rate was over 70% in the US I'd be more willing to ditch it. But our vaccination rate is nowhere near that percentage. I am planning to fly later this year for the first time in more than a year and I'm still weird about that, but I'm doing it. I haven't seen my father since 2019, so I'm going to visit him. We're all vaccinated and, hopefully, everything will go as planned for that trip. Fingers crossed! 



No comments:

Post a Comment