Friday, August 24, 2018

Toronto

I took a much-needed vacation this week to Toronto. I had been to Toronto many years ago, but only didn't have fond memories of the place because I food poisoning most of my time there and spent two days barfing. But that was then and this is now. I had a great time the second time around and managed to spend a few days in the city without barfing. While in Toronto, I noticed a few things.First, Toronto is very diverse in terms of race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc. It's the kind of place that a supporter of Donny T. would hate. Second, Toronto is very expensive. Even with the conversion rate between US and Canadian dollars, I still found Toronto expensive. The tax I was charged for a purchase somewhere was 13%. That's high. Everything was expensive: food, housing, clothing. It's a wonder the working classes can afford to live in the place. Of course, I was downtown and not outside of that area, so I assume there are more affordable places to live and eat outside of the city's center. Third, there's a lot to see and do in Toronto. I went to the Toronto islands, Casa Loma, the shoe museum, and St. Lawrence market and enjoyed them all. I finally put my selfie stick to work here! Fourth, the people of Toronto are quite friendly. Pretty much everyone I encountered in the city was friendly and helpful and I appreciated that.


No comments:

Post a Comment