Thursday, March 8, 2018

Post-Oscar Thoughts

I'm a little late with my post-Oscar thoughts and I'm sure everyone has moved on from Sunday's Academy Awards by now, but there weren't any surprises for me. As I predicted, there was no way Timothee Chalamet was going to beat actors like Gary Oldman and Daniel Day Lewis and he didn't. I watched most of the show and found it to be a little dry. Kimmel did a good job, but I didn't care for the long movie montages or the musical performances. Ratings for the show were down this year and I wasn't surprised by that either. People just aren't interested in awards shows like they used to be in the past. Why sit through three hours of a show when you can just catch the highlights online the next day? It's not like the old days when you had to watch something or you missed it entirely. Also, the attention span of a lot of people is just reduced now. Sitting through a three-plus-hour show on TV just isn't happening for many folks these days, especially those in the treasured demographic of young people.

No comments:

Post a Comment