Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Slippery When Wet

My drive in to work this morning started out normally and then descended into chaos. Icy roads in the southern part of the Chicagoland area caused major accidents and I soon found myself stuck on the freeway. A normal one hour commute took nearly two this morning. I saw the aftermath of many multi-vehicle accidents involving cars and semis. What a mess. I'm glad that the roads had been salted and the police were out in force by the time I made it to the accident area. Had I known the roads were going to be like that, I would have worked from home. I heard about accidents on the news before I left work, but I didn't hear about any the part of the freeway that I take to work, so I figured I'd be okay. I figured wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment