Monday, September 21, 2026

Getting It Together

Since my move back to my home state of Michigan a few weeks ago, I've been working hard trying to get my apartment in order. When you basically have to restock your groceries from scratch and resupplying home goods that didn't make the move from your former home, you end up spending a lot of money. Every trip to the grocery store or Walmart ends up costing more than you thought and there's always something else you need like a lamp or a rug. I ended up having to buy a new bed a week ago because my old one from Illinois decided to fall apart after the move. It wasn't in the greatest shape anyway, but I thought it could last until next year. How wrong I was. As much as I like my new bed, it cost money I didn't plan on spending. The mattress (and required box spring) were more than the bed itself! I'm still trying to recover from my moving costs and then I had to spend more money on a bed. Yes, I had planned for this move and I'd been saving for it, but now I need to recoup those funds. I'm also still paying for my place in Illinois that has yet to sell. I'm not stressing about that now, but I really hope that place finds a buyer before the year ends so I don't go into 2027 still paying for it. With interest rates going up and the holidays just around the corner, the home buying market is going to shrink. I hightly doubt I'll get a buyer between Thanksgiving and Christmas and I'd like to pay my mortgage off and get whatever I can from that place this year. But, in spite of all of this, I feel I made the right decision to move. I'm in a better place physically and mentally. One day at a time, folks. One day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment