Sunday, July 11, 2021

Underwhelmed

I went to Milwaukee this weekend for a quick visit because my sister suggested we visit the city since neither of us had ever been. I was up for it. Unfortunately, the city (at least the downtown part where we stayed) was underwhelming. It was like a ghost town. Very few stores and restaurants, deserted streets, blocks of empty store fronts. Oy! I wasn't sure if the city was so empty because of COVID or if it had been like that before the pandemic. The trip wasn't a total downer. I got to see the Bronze Fonz statue and the River Walk. I also did a ghost tour (that was a lot of fun) and visited the Grohmann Museum that was interesting. But I don't think I'd do a return visit to Milwaukee anytime soon. A coworker suggested I visit Madison and I may do that the next time I want a quick weekend getaway. Still, it was nice to get out of Chicago for a few days and not have to wake up to double-digit numbers of people getting shot overnight. 



No comments:

Post a Comment